Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eat Pray Love










Meet Julia Roberts. ;)

This would be my favourite movie of 2010 and 2011.


We were talking the other evening about the phrases one uses when trying to comfort someone from who is in distress. I told him that in English we sometimes say,

"I've been there."


This was unclear to him at first - I've been where? But I explained that deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time.
When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place.
But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this brings hope.
(Julia Roberts as Liz in Eat Pray Love)


No comments:

Post a Comment

drop it: